hbIMSI – in vitro IMSI fertilization with two-stage sperm cells selection
Intracytoplasmic injection of a morphologically selected sperm cell into an egg cell(IMSI), aided by the selection of sperm cells positively reacting with hyaluronate.
For each IMSI procedure InviMed clinics provide their patients with the development of the method by supplementing the morphological selection of a sperm cell by its reaction with hyaluronate, the so-called hbIMSI.
Sperm cells reacting with hyaluronate (HBA test) through specific receptors on their heads are considered mature and most competent to fertilize the egg cell; they also contribute to a proper development of the embryo. The binding of a sperm cell to hyaluronate suggests that the selected sperm cell has correctly undergone the whole spermatogenesis process, is biologically mature, fully functional and competent for fertilising the egg cell.
This means that the hbIMSI method, in addition to a very accurate morphological selection, ensures that the sperm cell is selected on the basis of its biological competence to fertilize the egg cell, thus increasing the likelihood of correct embryo development.
This type of two-step sperm cells selection increases the probability of achieving better embryological results and a chance of pregnancy, even in very difficult clinical cases.
Indications for the hbIMSI method:
- recurrent miscarriages after the application of other in vitro methods,
- HBA, SCD and MSOME test results out of the range of normal,
- severe teratozoospermia in the patient (no more than 1% of sperm cells of normal morphology in the semen),
- using the previously frozen semen in the ICSI,
- using semen collected by the puncture of the testicle and the epididymis in the procedure,
- unsuccessful attempts of becoming pregnant with the help of ICSI (few developing embryos, embryos of low quality, lack of implantation).